WHAT IS SCALP TATTOOING?
Scalp Micropigmentation, often abbreviated to SMP, is a non-surgical procedure that restores the appearance of a full head of hair to men who are experiencing almost any kind of hair loss, including Alopecia or even to cover scarring of the scalp which can occur during hair transplant operations.
One of the biggest advantages of the Scalp Micropigmentation technique is that it is all but maintenance free, and has none of the side effects of hair plugs or transplants. It also avoids the dangers of medications typically prescribed to regrow hair or slow its loss.
OUR SPECIALIST SMP PRACTITIONER
Ravi has joined the Sian Dellar clinic full time. He is an SMP Artist who is known for perfection. For an in depth look at SMP visit his Scalp Provoco view website. Its a unique, bespoke, designer treatment.
“I take a lot of pride in my ability to help people achieve the appearance they really want… I understand how important your appearance is, and how much trust I need to be worthy of to do what I do.”
HOW DO SMP HAIR LOSS TATTOOS WORK?
It’s a sophisticated technique which uses precise, highly specialised scalp pigmentation – essentially scalp tattooing – to restore the appearance of a region of the scalp by simulating the ‘stubble’ of very short hair. This is especially helpful for those with smaller bald spots, or for those who shave their heads but feel that the presence of scars on their scalp are detracting from their appearance.
IS IT PAINFUL?
SMP is related to tattooing , but the technique is very different. Pigments are injected into the skin of the scalp, but in a much more delicate fashion than in traditional tattooing. Its less painful because the pigments are delivered in a much more controlled, precise manner, and they are injected into shallower region of the skin.
PIGMENTS SELECTED BASED ON YOUR HAIR AND SKIN
The techniques used, as well as the pigments themselves, are expertly selected based on your hair type and colour, as well as the skin tone of your scalp. The pigmentation is applied by a fully trained, expert practitioner over the course of many hours, typically across several sessions.
LOOKS PERFECTLY LIKE SHAVED HAIR 1ST TREATMENT
The result is the appearance of a normal hair growth pattern from day one – you can literally walk out of the clinic with your head held high and no visible sign that you’ve had any kind of hair restoration procedure done. The worst that patients typically experience is a slight reddening of the scalp, which fades very quickly.
WHAT DOES SCALP MICROPIGMENTATION COST?
30 minute consultations are free. Prices start at £500 for small areas. The specifics of your treatment will depend on a great many factors, including the region of the scalp we’d be treating, the size of the treatment area, and the complexity of your individual case.
However, we’d be happy to schedule a consultation for you where we can come to understand your hair loss or scarring situation, and better gauge your scalp pigmentation needs. We can give you an estimate at that time, and it will be competitive.
For full details visit
WHY SO MANY CLIENTS ARE CHOOSING SMP
Clients suffering from male pattern baldness, also called ‘androgenic alopecia’, make up the bulk of our scalp micropigmentation clients. They find that it can substantially reduce the appearance of hair loss. Our clients prefer hair micropigmentation to other hair restoration or cosmetic procedures because of its simplicity, effectiveness, and the lack of any serious side effects.
• Scalp tattooing is non-surgical and non-invasive. Only the upper layers of the skin are pigmented, and there is no bleeding or requirement to cover the area to allow for healing.
• Scalp pigmentation hair treatments are free of side effects. Neither hair plugs, hair transplants nor hair restoring medications can claim that.
• Clients experience immediate results, and an improved appearance after only one treatment.
• Hair loss tattooing lasts for years, and has virtually no requirement for maintenance, upkeep or ongoing treatments.
• The restoration of a normal hairline or the concealment of bald spots or scarring can create a huge self-confidence boost.
• Scalp micropigmentation is an effective, long term solution to Alopecia, and especially for male pattern baldness.
• Scalp hair loss tattoos look incredibly realistic, and have an entirely natural appearance even from close up.
• This treatment is perfect for men and gives the appearance of hair on a completely shaved or bald head.